Who likes to save money? We all do, right!? After all, a penny saved is a penny earned. In today’s busy, world people will benefit from finding value anywhere they can. Check out these 5 money-saving tips that can decrease the amount you’re spending on motorcycle insurance.
- Take a Training Course: Some discounts are available to motorcyclists for passing “safe driver” training courses. This is a great option for those who have a ding on their record or new riders.
- Bike Selection: Just like with cars, more sporty vehicles usually have higher insurance rates associated with them. If you are looking for a lower insurance rate, stay away from the bikes that are associated with the sport category.
- Motorcycle Associations: Have you thought of joining a club? Belonging to a motorcycle organization, such as the American Motorcycle Association can decrease your insurance rate by 10%.
- Achieve “Preferred Operator” status: If you have a clean driving record or very few marks on your record, you may be considered a preferred operator. Those with this distinction have been known to pay significantly lower insurance rates.
- Age Discounts: Depending on your age, you may be eligible for an insurance discount. Think you have to be older to get these discounts? Think again, because even those in their late 20s have offers available to them that low their monthly insurance costs.