You’re looking to rent a new apartment, how exciting! So many options to choose from and so many factors to take into consideration. To help streamline your decision process, here are 11 pointers:
- Make sure you are searching for apartments in your price range.
- Take into account other expenses related to the apartment transaction.
- Lay out your options. apartments can come is all different shapes and sizes. Some have amenities such as a pool and gym while others don’t. Take a look at all your options and decide what works for you.
- Go Big. In terms of value, apartments with two or more bedrooms are your best option.
- Avoid apartments that are close to the trash port, near the entrance/exit or near an elevator. These areas tend to create a lot of noise pollution.
- Opt for a carport, parking in an apartment complex is usually competitive. And, find out the details of your visitor parking options so your guests don’t have to park far away.
- Attempt to gain any additional storage space you can get your hands on. Storage space is usually a scarce resource for an apartment complex.
- Carefully evaluate the condition of the appliances to ensure you get the most for your money. Appliances can vary from apartment to apartment, even in the same complex.
- Talk to the previous tenants of the apartment to gain insight on living conditions. Some things can remain unseen that only a previous tenant would know. For example, loud birds may nest nearby in the summers, causing a nuisance.
- Make multiple visits to the apartment before you buy. You really want to make sure you have a good sense of what you’re paying for and a second visit will help.
- Know the fair rental price of the apartment before you decide to rent. Check other apartment prices in the same complex and the surrounding area to ensure you’re being given a fair price.
ABC Insurance Agencies offer a wide range of options for renter’s insurance.
For more information visit us HERE