5 Time-Saving Morning Hacks to Get Out the Door Faster
It’s back to school time! The birds are chirping, the sun is shining, you feel all giddy inside like a little school child and start dancing a little jig. Wait a second, not! For most of us, mornings are chaotic and rushed—a far cry from what we’re used to seeing in those Folgers® commercials where folks have time to watch the sun rise while peacefully enjoying their first cup of coffee one sip at a time.
Instead, they usually involve a flurry of mismatched shoes, burnt toast, and forgotten lunchboxes. If that scene sounds familiar to you, then keep reading for some great tips to help you start the day off right. These busy morning hacks from Huffington Post are sure to help you and the rest of the crew get ready and out the door faster!
- Start your morning with some jams (no, not just the jelly). Cranking some tunes you (and the kids) will enjoy is a fun way to combat grogginess and get moving. Fun Tip: Include just enough songs so that the length of the playlist is the same as the amount of time everyone has to get ready and challenge yourselves to finish before the music ends!
- Pick out your wardrobe for the week. Picking out what everyone will wear the night before is a time-tested trick. You can take it up a notch by planning a week’s worth of outfits in advance and saving yourself more time to enjoy during the evenings. Try using space saving plastic bags to sort the clothes and keep them wrinkle-free.
- Robes are life-savers. This one’s especially helpful for the moms out there! Whether it’s loose powder or spilled food, throwing a robe on over your clothes is a super easy way to save yourself from potential wardrobe disasters while you’re getting ready.
- Keep a morning checklist. A great idea for keeping the kiddos on track, a checklist or to-do list can help sleepy ones remember exactly what they need to do. Make it interactive by using fun stickers or assigning a special color crayon for checking off their tasks.
- Organize lunches. Having everything you need in one place makes packing lunches quick and easy! Designate a spot in the kitchen to organize all of the lunch-making and –packing materials: containers, plastic baggies, wrapped snacks, lunchboxes, and whatever else doesn’t have to be refrigerated.
ABC Insurance Agencies is all about making better choices when it comes to your well-being. Before you head out the door, make sure you’ve got the right auto coverage for when you’re on the road battling that back to school traffic! Call us at 800-708-0123 or visit one of our local stores to speak with a friendly agent.